Artist/Band: Brooks Garth Tabs
Song: Unanswered Prayers Tab
Unanswered prayers Brooks,Bastian,Alger sung by Garth Brooks
1. Just the other night at a hometown football game
2. She was the one that I wanted for all times
3. She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
D e7 A
1. my wife and I ran into my old highschool flame.
2. and each night I spent praying that God would make her mine.
3. and I could tell that time had changed me in her eyes, too it seemed.
G f b f G
1. And as I introduced them the past came back to me
2. And if He'd only grant me this wish I'd wished back then
3. We tried to talk about the old day.It wasn't much we could re-call
D e D G A
1. and I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be
2. I'd never ask for anything a-gain.
3. I guess the Lord knows what'he's doin' after all.
G f b
3. and as she walked away and I looked at my wife
e D G A
3. and then and there I thanked the good Lord for the gifts in my life
A D G e A
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.
D A b A e A
Remember when you're talking to the man upstairs
D D7 G E7
that just because He doesn't answer doesn't mean He don't care
D A b7 e7 A D
'cause some of God's gratest gifts are unanswered prayers.
A D A b7 e7 A7
... are unanswered. Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered,
D A b7 e7 A D
some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers